Sunday, April 27, 2008

Basic Design Final Project


I just completed a Basic Graphic Design class that I took at the School of Visual Arts (SVA) in NYC. It was a great class with many fun projects. The last project was to make a book -- hardbound with fabric. It was not a simple task, but the final result turned out pretty well. The subject of the book is 14 6x6 inch collages that I completed in 2007.


I printed the pages on heavy inkjet paper from Inkjet Art on an HP printer. The reproductions turned out beautifully, in some cases they look better than the originals.


I made a couple of ripped paper collages for the end papers and also to use as a background on the left side of each spread. These turned out very nice.


It is nice to have many of my collages collected in one place. There is nothing like a book to give a tactile weight to one's work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job Craig. Looking forward to seeing it!